Scott Thorson love Michael?

or his money?

« Older   Newer »

1. VINCENZOMJJ

User deleted

'Gay' Jacko? Author Disputes Claim

Our friends at the National Enquirer have a big scoop today. They've paid Liberace's lover, Scott Thorson, to tell how he and Michael Jackson were lovers twice in the early 1980s. Feel like taking a shower?

If Thorson did what he says he did with Michael, it's news to the author of his book. Back in the late 1980s, Thorson came out with a "memoir" called "Behind the Candelabra." (I use the word "memoir" advisedly here. Lillian Hellman and Edmund Wilson have also published memoirs, you see.) The writer who worked on the book, Alex Thorliefson, says Thorson told her that he and Jackson had been close friends, but never mentioned anything like this.

Thorliefson told me about her out-of-print book. "Scott knew Michael for a number of years starting in 1979. In the book, he speaks of Michael and Janet coming to Liberace's house in Vegas to swim. They couldn't use a hotel public pool. Scott's friendship with Michael was in London while Liberace was appearing at the Palladium. They saw each other every day for a period of time after that. In the book, there is no reference to anything other than a close friendship," Thorliefson said. "Were they lovers? That I could not say. He said there was a lot of touchy-feely, a lot of sexual innuendo, whenever he was with Michael."

The Enquirer says Thorson passed their lie detector test and they are satisfied with the results.

What's kind of more interesting is the rest of Thorson's story: He's spent most of the last several years in the Federal Witness Protection program -- not for his Jacko or Liberace connections, but because in 1990 he ratted out a mobster in exchange for a lighter sentence for selling drugs. Unfortunately, the mobster -- known as Eddie Nash (aka Eddie the Hat) -- was acquitted, which left Thorson high and dry. (Thorson, the Zelig of all high crimes and misdemeanors, claimed that Nash had been responsible for the Wonderland, aka Laurel Canyon, murders in Los Angeles in 1981.)

Thorliefson says Thorson is in dire need of cash, hence the story sale to the Enquirer.

"As for him coming out with it now, I'm sure he sold the story for a lot of money at the opportune moment while Michael's sexual peccadilloes are in the news."

Meantime, according to my pal Diane Dimond at Court TV, recent reports of a new Jackson police inquiry are false. That's right. An 18-year-old boy was claiming he'd been molested by Jackson in 1988. That would have made him 2 years old at the time. I'm told that this story grew out of control on Monday night until it became fact yesterday. Now it's dismissed.

0 replies since 16/4/2004, 22:34   641 views